Recipe by Betty H.
This is the basic recipe for fluffy tapioca pudding as listed on the Kraft Minute tapioca box. My husband loves tapioca pudding, but is diabetic, so I am experimenting with making it with Splenda and low fat milk. Note. I used scant tablespoons of Spenda Granular.
- 1 egg white
- 4 tablespoons Splenda granular, divided
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix milk, tapioca, 2 tablespoons splenda, and egg yolk in medium saucepan. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Beat egg white with electric mixer to soft peaks. Gentle add 2 tablespoons Splenda.
- Cook milk mixture over medium heat, stir constantly until it comes to a full boil. Remove from heat. Combine with egg white mixture. Add vanilla. Use elect. mixer quickly to combine whites and milk mixture. Cover with plastic wrap over surface of pudding. Let stand 20 minutes. Uncover and mix with elect. mixer once more. Recover and refrigerate.