I whipped this recipe together the other day when I finally got tired of buying ready-made tapioca pudding! Maybe one day I'll actually try it from scratch (if only I can find a really good outlet for scratch)! Pudding servings are usually set at 1/2 cup, but mine are considerably larger than that! This pudding is thick enough that I have even used it as a nice filling for a 3-layer cake!
- In a large sauce pan stir together the milk & pudding mix, then cook over a medium to medium-high heat, stirring constantly, for about 25 minutes, or until the mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat & let cool 5 minutes, then stir well.
- Let cool another 5 minutes & again stir well.
- Let cool another 5 minutes & stir in the cheese.
- Pour into a bowl, cover the surface of the pudding with plastic wrap & let set for about an hour.
- If the chocolate chips are to be included, quickly stir them in, then again cover the pudding with plastic wrap & let it cool completely ~ OR enjoy it slightly warm!