Recipe by Normaone
I'm also a sauce person. This one is really a great all purpose sauce that's wonderful on practically anything: steaks, fish, potatoes, whatever.
- 1 cup dry white vermouth
- 1⁄3 cup chopped shallot
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup chilled unsalted butter, in pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive tapenade (see data base)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the vermouth and shallots.
- Simmer until liquid has reduced to 1/4 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Strain and discard solids.
- Retun the cooking liquid to the pan and add the whipping cream and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low and gradually add the butter, whisking until just melted.
- Whisk in the tapenade.