Recipe by Sharlene~W
Went to an alphabet pot luck tonight where everyone signed up to bring a dish that started with a particular letter of the alphabet. Of all the dishes (and there were lots of yummy ones), this was my favorite. I decided to name it after my friend's sweet daughter that made it.
Top Review by Laura4444
I made this last night for a Christmas carry-in. It is so good. I could set and eat it for hours. I used Rice Chex, Corn Chex and toasted, salted almonds. Yum! I am adding it to my personal recipe book. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (NOT margarine)
- 1 dash imitation butter flavoring
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 18 cups mixed Golden Grahams cereal or 18 cups Kix cereal or 18 cups Chex cereal or 18 cups Crispix cereal, and nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Melt together Karo syrup, sugar and butter in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add butter flavoring and baking soda, mix.
- Pour over cereal mixture (use whatever quantities of cereal and nuts that you desire to make 18 cups).
- Spread on a large, flat cookie sheet and bake at 250°F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and spread Chex mixture on waxed paper, separating cereal pieces. Let cool completely.