Prep 7 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my SIL's recipe for a quick dessert. Very yummy served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Enjoy! Not complicated, but fun and easy in case someone pops over!
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (29 ounce) can peaches, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 8x8 or 9x9 pan (I like to use margarine).
- Lay crust in pan. You may need to cut it and lay it in strips. Make sure it is up the sides as well.
- In separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients (but not the second crust).
- Pour in crust.
- You may have a bit of left over crust. I like to roll them up in balls the size of a dime and put them into the filling. When it cooks it soaks up the juices and is yummy!
- Top with remaining Crust, again you may need to cut and layer in strips.
- Bake until crust turns a gold brown.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.