Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I'm always looking for healthy recipes and these tuna burgers look great because they are low in fat and packed with omega-3. The recipe was originally posted in the January 2007 copy of BBC Good Food Magazine. The recipe says the burger patties can be frozen.
- 8 ounces tuna steaks, fresh
- 1 garlic clove, finely chipped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 hamburger buns
- 2 leaves lettuce, sliced
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices avocados
- Chop the tuna into small chunks, then carry on chopping until the tuna is roughly minced.
- Tip the tuna into a bowl and mix with the garlic, ginger, soy sauce and cilantro.
- Shape into two burgers, place on a plate, then freeze for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then cook the burgers for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until done to your liking.
- Serve the burgers in toasted buns with lettuce, tomato and avocado.