Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe from a book called, "Gator Tales", which contains a collection of recipes from Polk County FL. I will be posting others from that book! I haven't tried this, but it sounds so tasty. After the glaze seeps in, it's supposed to taste even better the next day.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon supreme cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Combine all ingredients and beat til well mixed.
- Pour into greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes.
- While cake is still warm, stab it all over with a fork and pour glaze over top.
Thank you for sharing Recipe Junkie. I didn't have any oranges or orange jello so I substituted with lemon jello & lemon rind. I also added 1/3 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice to my water and cooked the cake for 50 minutes. It turned out beautifully. The cake was light, moist and had great flavour while not being overly sweet. We enjoyed it very much and I can't wait to try it with oranges next.