Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was located on the internet at allrecipes. com.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- In a saucepan combine flour & ONLY 1/4 cup of the milk, stirring until no lumps remain, then add the remaining milk & sour cream & stir to combine.
- Turn the heat on to medium-high & bring just to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low & simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add green beans & cook until tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar & season to taste with salt before serving.
This is a really good soup! I couldn't understand why my green beans took 40 minutes to cook until I realized I cut them in quarters, just not lengthwise! Hence the name string bean of course :) It was still great though and made a perfect lunch on a cold snowy day. Thanks!