Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This looks like a quick and easy way to spruce up chicken breasts. The recipe is for two but it can be easily doubled. This originally appeared in the January 2007 copy of BBC Good Food Magazine.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the grill to medium-high and line a baking tray with foil.
- Lay the chick breasts upside-down on the foil, brush with 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce and grill for 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken breasts over, add the bacon to the tray, return to the grill for a further 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the chick with remaining barbecue sauce, sprinkle with cheese, then place back under the grill for 2 to 3 minutes until the chicken is cooked through,the cheese is bubbling and golden and the bacon is crispy.
- Top the chicken with the bacon to serve.