Recipe by Cookin'withGas
An inspired healthier way to prepare chicken, so simple and basic you'll wonder why you hadn't thought of it yourself! I like to serve it over hot cooked noodles or rice with a nice tossed salad!
Top Review by bigbadbrenda
We had this last night for supper and it was good, just enough of a bite to make it interesting .We had it with baked patatoes and spinach and I threw somein some small whole onions with the chicken.We will have this again.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (Perdue preferred)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water (HOT but not boiling)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown your chicken in the olive oil; Drain but keep the chicken in the skillet --.
- In a small bowl, combine the Heinz57 sauce and water and then pour over the chicken --.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes, basting with the 'sauce', then uncover and simmer 10 more minutes --.
- Skim off any fat and serve with the 'sauce' -- .
- Suggestions:If you prefer to use bone-in chicken, you may want to increase the "simmer" time by perhaps 15 minute as bone-in chicken will take longer to cook.