Recipe by Jakey Bakey
My friend Tammy makes this great dessert. I had her give me the recipe the other night, and after checking the ones already on Zaar, I found that this one is different, so I'm adding it so others can enjoy it. This is a DESSERT so make no mistake. It's a light-flavored one, great for warmer weather, but it is RICH (look at those ingredients!)...and very YUMMY! The sizes for the can of crushed pineapple and the whipping cream are approximate. A larger can will lend more pineapple flavor, more whipping cream will make it airier. Use your judgment.
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 pint whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first two ingredients. Put 1/2 cup aside for use later. Spread the rest over the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish and bake at 300 degrees for about 15 minutes (watch carefully so it doesn't overbrown/overcook).
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Beat the butter, powdered sugar, and eggs together and layer on top of the cooled crust.
- Whip the whipping cream and fold the crushed pineapple into it, and layer this on top of everything else.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup graham cracker mixture on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving.