Recipe by Broke Guy
This is a traditional recipe from Korea. These patties can be made into hamburgers, served in kid's lunch boxes or as a main dish for a meal full of banchan dishes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 green onion, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (Italian pizza version) or 1⁄4 teaspoon korean red pepper powder (coarse version)
- lettuce leaf (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or high speed blender, add the ground chicken, green onion, garlic, ginger, sesame salt, sesame oil, salt, soy sauce and red pepper. Pulse to grind everything together then blend until mix well together.
- Divide the mixture into 6 balls. On an oiled cutting board or wax paper, flatten each ball into a circular patty. Using a knife, cross hatch each patty from side to side.
- Broil the patties until fully cooked, Grill the patties until fully cooked or pan fry the patties until fully cooked. The patties should be golden brown when fully cooked.
- Serve each patty on a lettuce leaf on individual plates.