Top Review by Chef RZ Fan
Excellent flavors. I have a cold and wanted soup. I did not have the wheat but since I had all the other ingredients I subbed quick cooking barley and cooked it for about 15 minutes before adding it to the soup.The soup is wonderful. Thank you for sharing it.
- 2⁄3 cup hulled wheat
- 3 cups yogurt
- 3 cups water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1⁄3 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook wheat in 4 cups of water until tender.
- Blend yogurt, water, egg and flour with beater.
- Cook until it boils, stirring constantly with wooden spoon.
- Add salt, cooked wheat and remove from heat.
- Saute onion in butter, add mint and parsley.
- Combine with soup.
- Simmer 5 minutes.