Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
The kids gave it this title because I think they were surprised they like it so much. I use a fork, but have extra taco chips around for scooping.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (or any ground meat)
- 3 (1 ounce) packages taco seasoning
- taco chips
- 2 (14 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook beef and add taco seasoning.
- Mix both cans of refried beans with the jar of salsa, set aside.
- Layer the bottom of a 13" x 9" (lasagna) pan with taco chips.
- Place the cooked ground beef on top of the taco chip layer.
- Add any remaining liquid to the bean and salsa mixture, mix together.
- Place this mixture over the ground beef.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30-40 minutes in preheated oven.
- Uncover, crumble taco chips and cheese over the top and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
Yummy and really simple to make. I didnt have refried beans on hand, so I skipped it, but it turned out fine as well!
This is a nice, basic recipe that has become a regular at our house. It's very easy to put together and uses ingredients I tend to have on hand most of the time. Thanks for the addition to my menu choices when I'm meal planning!
I'm just begining to learn how to cook (yesterday was the first time I ever browned ground beef). I tried this recipe out tonight and loved it. An easy one for the novice cook.