Recipe by MakeDollarHoller
If you liked the Taco Bell Fiesta Bowls, then this is right up your alley. Easy peasy to make with boxed and prepared items. I also use this recipe to use up leftover chili.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
On 4/6/12 I made this recipe for mine and my SO's dinner. I was reading the recipe and thought that a 8x 8 inch dish wouldn't be big enough, so a 9x 9 inch dish was used and it was just the right size.Everything was layered as it was written.Since we like more of a golden color to our cheese, the oven was used instead of the microwave. For a bit of color, this was topped with lettuce,sour cream and tomato. We both liked the taste. Made for Spring PAC 2012. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) packageof spanish Rice-A-Roni
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can beef tamales (paper removed)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Spoon chili into 8 inch square baking dish'.
- Cut up the tamales into 1 inch pieces. Top the chili with the tamales.
- Heat mixture (covered) in microwave for 4 minutes on high.
- Add the rice and cheese on top and finish microwaving until the cheese melts on top-3 minutes on high.