Recipe by susie.freckle.face
Tabbouleh or Tabouli Middle Eastern Salad use a food processor wash them organics real thorough yeh-hear! this recipe is heavy on the bulgar - so cut back to 1 cup if you want to and it should be ok. I like #3 size bulgar. I spent less than $8 on the produce from the local ranch market. the bulgar was about a buck and a half. I splurged on the Olive oil. $$$. All at the Holy Resurrection social after church enjoyed it. Not too lemony. This makes 16 - 17 cups - use a big bowl!!!
- 8 giant tomatoes
- 6 large lemons
- 4 bunches fresh parsley
- 2 bunches of fresh mint
- 2 bunches green onions
- 2 cups bulgur wheat
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup olive oil extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bulgar and cinnamon in giant bowl.
- liquify 2 giant tomatoes in food processor.
- stir liquified tomatos into the bulgar and cinnamon mix well and set aside for atleast 15 minutes meanwhile.
- pre chop the rest of the produce except for the lemons and start processing in food processor.
- dump the ingredients into bulgar bowl and stir as you go.
- slice lemons in half and de-seed.
- juice lemons directly into the bowl and stir well periodically.
- stir in 1 cup of Olive Oil.
- Chill 2 hours prior to servinb.