Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spice blend is frequently used in Syrian and Armenian dishes. This recipe is derived from my grandmother-in-law's Armenian Orthodox church. The original made just over a pound of spice blend, which is far too much, so I've scaled it down by a quarter.
- 3 ounces whole allspice
- 1 ounce whole black peppercorn
- 5 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Grind the allspice, pepper, and cloves in a food processor, coffee grinder or blender.
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg and pulse briefly to combine.
- Store in a covered container.