2 hrs 20 mins
Posted for ZWT 7 (from Cooks.com). Prep time includes Chill time. These may be prepared for baking several days in advance and kept in refrigerator or they may be baked and kept in a covered container for about 1 week. Reheat in slow over before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together the already sifted flour and the salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles small peas.
- 2Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough holds together. Do not handle too much. Chill.
- 3Divide dough into 2 parts. Roll it out, very thin, into rectangles.
- 4Sprinkle 1 part with cheese and top it with caraway seeds and a sprinkle of salt. Place other half of dough on top of this as a cover. Chill for 5 minutes in refrigerator.
- 5Cut filled dough into strips 2 inches long and 1/4 inch wide. Chill again before baking.
- 6Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake in 450 degree oven for about 5 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Switzerland Caraway Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.4
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 14.1 mg
- Sodium 362.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 8.0 g