Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
A cheese tart appetizer or first course. Adapted from House and Garden's New Cookbook. Time does not include chilling time.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour and walnuts.
- Add butter and 2 egg yolks.
- Mix with your hands until it becomes a smooth dough.
- Divide into 14-18 pieces.
- Lightly flour your fingers and press each piece of dough over the bottom and sides of a 2"-2 1/2" fluted tart tin.
- Prick surface of dough with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool in tins a few minutes, then remove very carefully.
- Place milk and cheese in a sauce pan and heat until cheese melts and mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Combine remaining egg yolks with cornstarch and light cream.
- Gradually add to cheese mixture and heat to just under the boiling point.
- Add salt, cool, and chill.
- Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into the cheese mixture.
- Pipe or spoon mixture into tart shells.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Phantastic crust! And lovely filling! We'll serve this for an apero!
Perfect finger food too! Really to recommend!
Done for ZWT7