1/1 Photo of Swissair Tarts
A cheese tart appetizer or first course. Adapted from House and Garden's New Cookbook. Time does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix flour and walnuts.
- 3Add butter and 2 egg yolks.
- 4Mix with your hands until it becomes a smooth dough.
- 5Divide into 14-18 pieces.
- 6Lightly flour your fingers and press each piece of dough over the bottom and sides of a 2"-2 1/2" fluted tart tin.
- 7Prick surface of dough with a fork.
- 8Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- 9Let cool in tins a few minutes, then remove very carefully.
- 10Place milk and cheese in a sauce pan and heat until cheese melts and mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 11Combine remaining egg yolks with cornstarch and light cream.
- 12Gradually add to cheese mixture and heat to just under the boiling point.
- 13Add salt, cool, and chill.
- 14Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- 15Fold into the cheese mixture.
- 16Pipe or spoon mixture into tart shells.
- 17Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swissair Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.2
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.1 mg
- Sodium 87.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g