Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Another I have to try, this sounds really good.
- 12 ounces bacon, crumbled
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground venison
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a skillet and cook over medium heat until the pieces are browned. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease.
- Stir in onions, garlic, and mushrooms, and cook until soft. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together venison, egg, and milk. Stir in the onion and mushrooms. Mix in about 4 ounces of Swiss cheese, and all but 1 tablespoon of bacon. Stir in cornflake crumbs, and mix until well blended. Shape into a loaf, and place in a meatloaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour. Drain fat, and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon. Return to oven, and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.