Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy, flavorful, and easy to make with things you tend to have on hand! Thanks to fellow recipezaar Lennie, as I started out making his Tomato Mushroom Appetizers and found I didn't have the ingredients. So I got creative, and loved the results!
- 4 medium mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons shredded swiss cheese (deli sized slice) or 1 slice swiss cheese, minced (deli sized slice)
- 2 teaspoons minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced tomatoes (~1 cherry tomato)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1 teaspoon Season-All salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Clean mushrooms and remove and mince stems. Reserve to add to stuffing.
- Place mushroom caps, round side down, in an un-greased baking dish.
- Blend together cheese, onion, mushroom stems and tomato. Add bread crumbs, seasoning salt and beaten egg.
- Fill mushroom caps with mixture. The mix will stay together rather well as it cooks, so it’s okay to fill the caps generously, like you would ice cream in an ice cream cone.
- Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- **This makes enough for 2 people. This recipe can be added to easily!