Recipe by Healthy,Please!
This is a great way to use swiss chard and a great alternative to the traditional tzatziki. I found this recipe at Simply Recipes.
- 1 cup swiss chard, leaves, finely chopped (remove ribs)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill half of a 2 quart saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add chopped chard leaves and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until tender. Strain the chard to remove all excess hot water once cooked. Place chard in a bowl of ice water.
- In a bowl, grind the garlic and salt into a paste using the back of a sturdy spoon.
- Place the yogurt, chard, garlic/salt paste, olive oil, lemon juice, and a small dash of cayenne pepper into a medium sized bowl.
- Serve with bread, pita, crackers, latkes, or almost anything else.