Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of Home Dec-Jan 2008
Make and share this Swiss-Almond Floret Bake -Taste of Home recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower and broccoli; return to a boil. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the cheese, jam, curry, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Place the cauliflower and broccoli in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with cheese sauce. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. -6.
Outstanding company food! Unique. I cut this in half, made as posted, and divided it between 2 ramekins. I love curry and there is just a bare hint of it and the apricot is also nice. Thank you for posting. Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y.
Delicious and decadent. This is a nice way to dress up ordinary veggies. Nice presentation for the buffet at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I have made this twice. The first time I made it exactly as written. The next time I added orange marmelade and 1 t orange zest. With the orange flavor, it makes it a more festive side. Thanks for posting this delicious recipe!