1/1 Photo of Swirled Caramel Cranberry Meringue Squares
Chef Schellies's Note:
This came in my e-mail today from Very Best Baking. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks delicious and Very Best Baking usually has good recipes. It actually calls for Nestle Toll House Milk Chocolate and Caramel Swirl Morsels, but the computer would not let me put that. I'm sure that it would also be good with regular milk chocolate chips. I will update as soon as I make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- 3Combine flour and powdered sugar in large mixing bowl.
- 4Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Press mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture appears dry.
- 6Sprinkle 1 cup morsels and 3/4 cup cranberries over hot cookie base.
- 7Beat egg whites in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form.
- 8Gradually add brown sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 9Spoon meringue over morsels and cranberries. Carefully spread to edges.
- 10Bake for 14 to 18 minutes or until meringue topping is puffed and golden brown.
- 11While still hot out of oven, sprinkle with remaining morsels and cranberries. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 12Cut into bars with sharp knife. Dip knife in warm water if it becomes sticky.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swirled Caramel Cranberry Meringue Squares
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 65.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g