Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Super rich and decadent chocolate mousse over chocolate crust covered in chocolate. The higher the quality of the chocolate you use the more fantastically fabulous the results.
- 1 (8 ounce) package chocolate wafers
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- For crust, first butter inside of a 9-inch round or heart shaped cake pan and line with parchment paper.
- Using a food processor, crush the chocolate wafers. Add butter to processor and process until well blended.
- Press wafer mixture into bottom of pan.
- Melt jam in microwave and pour over the crust - spreading evenly.
- Refrigerate the crust.
- For the filling, use a double boiler to melt 12 oz. of chocolate with 1 cup cream and vanilla. Stir until all chocolate is melted and blended.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Using a large mixing bowl, whip cooled chocolate and cream mixture until soft peaks form.
- Pour chocolate filling into prepared pan and chill for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- When ready to continue, dip bottom of cake pan in warm water, invert cake onto plate, then invert again onto a wire rack.
- Place something under your wire rack to catch any drips.
- For chocolate glaze layer, use a double boiler to melt 10 oz chocolate in 1/2 cup of cream. Stir until smooth and well blended.
- Cool and then pour over cake. Use a spatula to spread glaze evenly over top and sides.
- Refrigerate until top and sides are firm.
- For decorating, mix powdered sugar and water. Stir until smooth. Spoon decorating icing into ziploc. Snip corner of ziploc and gently squeeze bag to write message or decorate.