Recipe by melle_escaton
This is my grandmother's recipe, and it's been very successful every time I've made it, so I chose it as the first recipe to post here. Very easy to make, and great looking.
- 1 (200 g) can sweetcorn
- 150 g ham
- 80 -100 g spring onions
- 2 -3 ripe tomatoes or 100 -150 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- fresh parsley (to taste)
- 1 small lemon, juice of (or balsamic vinegar to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop up all the vegetables and the ham. Mix together in a bowl, then add lemon juice (or balsamic vinegar), finely chopped parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss everything together. Voila! Ready!
- Garnish with a few parsley leaves for colour.
- I like to use cherry tomatoes because they are more flavourful in England. For variation, you can use finely chopped coriander, and/or diced chorizo sausage. Obviously, the quantities can be altered to suit individual tastes.
- My grandmother says this salad is best made the night before you actually want to serve it, but I find that leaving it to stand in the fridge or in a cool place helps blend the flavours anyway. And if you're in a hurry, you can serve it straight away, hence my putting down only 5 minutes for 'cooking' time.