Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is what I created for when I don't have ready-made storebought vanilla soymilk. It is so easy to mix up and just keep a bottle handy in the fridge for chai tea, pouring on cereal, etc. I also use this in my muesli recipes here on Zaar.
- 2 cups soymilk (I use unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon unbleached cane sugar (probably a little less for common white sugar, use 1/2 Tbsp if your soymilk is the regular sweetened)
- 2 tablespoons water, very hot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract, scant
- Stir the sugar into the hot water till the sugar dissolves.
- Add sugar-water and vanilla to soymilk and mix well. Enjoy in black tea, for breakfast and desserts.
i use this recipe all the time for cereal-- delicious! i use 1 c. of soymilk, about 1/2 tsp splenda, and about 1/4 tsp vanilla and it works wonderfully for me! i prefer this over store bought vanilla soymilk-- thank you for the recipe