Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a combination of a lot of trial and error and talking to lots of people to make it perfect
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple in juice (from Can)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch (for dipping sauce) (optional)
- Place all contents into sealable bag and thoroughly mix. If you want to make a side-sauce for dipping later, remove 1 cup of the marinade and set aside.
- Add in meat of choice (Beef, Chicken, Pork, etc) and let marinade for minimum of 3 hours (the longer the better; overnight is preferred). Remove meat from marinade and it is now ready to grill.
- If you wish to make a sauce, heat contents and bring to a slow boil. Mix cornstarch and a small amount of cool water together before adding mixture to sauce. Simmer for a minute or two and remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Contents of recipe are easily adjusted to make more/less depending on crowd. Works great on just about any meat as well as basted on fish!
made this for the first time this past weekend for my family and they all loved it!! Thanks!