Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Also from the Southwest Airlines magazine, October 2007. Sounds good. One can, of course, use purchased lemonade. I certainly would. :-)
- 1 -2 black tea bags (recommend Constant Comment)
- 1 sprig of fresh mint, 8-10 leaves
- 2 -3 slices orange rind
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lemonade
- 1 ounce white cranberry juice
- orange peel, spiral (to garnish)
- maraschino cherries or fresh cranberries (to garnish)
- Place the tea bags in a small teapot.
- Fill it 3/4 full with boiling water.
- Submerge the mint and orange rind and add the lemonade and cranberry juice.
- Cover the teapot and allow to steep two to four minutes.
- Pour the tea to a clear glass mug to serve. Garnish with the orange spiral and cherry or cranberries (also fresh mint if desired).
- Note: To make a quick freshly squeezed lemonade, juice one large lemon into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice. Add 1 T sugar and 4 oz water. Shake well and strain.
I loved this drink! I used cranberry/grape juice. Thanks! Made for PRMR.
I made this as an iced tea for DH and he really liked it. He said it was very lemony (made with homemade lemonade). I left the tea in it while it chilled, so it would punch up the tea flavor.
Top faves of 2008 tag: Delicious and refreshing drink! Everyone loved it!