Recipe by *Parsley*
Great for picnics and potlucks.
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
I loved the apple and BBQ sauce in this recipe. (I just bought a large can of pork/beans instead of the pintos) A Granny Smith apple gives this a nice bite of SNAP. :) I cooked them as instructed for 2 hours and the beans were super caramelized with the brown sugar and sauce. YUM! Made for 2 events in Cooking Photos--Cool Beans! and Special Meals. Thanks to Parsley, a Cool Bean, herself.
- 3 slices thck bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; stir well.
- Lightly grease/spray a 2-quart casserole dish. Pour mixture into the casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for about 25-30 more minutes or until bubbly and browning.