Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from a brand names cookbook. The sauce is just right for the lighter taste of chicken. Prep time does not include 2 hours marinating time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple-orange juice
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 2⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 frying chicken (halved or quartered)
- salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- In saucepan, combine juice, marmalade, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, cloves, and ginger. Heat until sugar dissolves; cool.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Place chicken in a glass pan or plastic bag. Pour juice mixture over the chicken; turn to coat. Marinate, covered, 2 hours in refrigerator, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain chicken reserving marinade. Bake chicken for 20 minutes in the oven.
- (If you desire, you may continue to cook the chicken in the oven. Just baste with the marinade and turn every 10 minutes or so until done.).
- Meanwhile, preheat barbecue grill. Arrange chicken on lightly greased grill, 4 to 6 inches from heat.
- Grill, turning and basting often, with reserved marinade, 20 to 25 minutes or until meat near bone is no longer pink.
- In small saucepan, dissolve cornstarch in remaining marinade. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens and boils. Spoon over chicken.
- If desired, grill some pineapple slices to serve on the side as a garnish.