Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are miniature jam tarts with a cheese crust. The sweet and savoury combination is really delicious so be sure to have lots on hand - they go fast!
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Grease gem trays- the really little muffin tray!
- Sift flour, salt baking powder together.
- Mix in cheese.
- Mix in butter until it forms a dough.
- Roll walnut sized balls of dough and place them in the gem tray.
- Press small hollows into each ball with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Spoon in a small quantity of jam into each hollow.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
- Just before serving, top up hollows with additional jam.
These were a hit. I used jalapeno pepper jelly. 200 degrees celcius is 390 farenheit. Mine baked for 13 minutes. It took me forever, it seems, because I only had one small tart pan! Delicious! I think I will try them with some fig preserves.
I just loved these little treats. I filled mine with green pepper jelly - colorful and tasty both. I plan to make these at holiday-time using both red and green hot pepper jellies. And since cheese and apples are such a classic pairing, I think apple jam or jelly would be good in these, too. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe, Bokenpop! Derf's photos made me want to prepare it. :) Lynnie
This was great thank you. My whole family love it and it makes a quick dish to take to school function etc.