Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A versatile and simple veggie sauce. Just right to serve over steamed vegetables, rice or as a spread for Italian bread.
- 2 large red peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine pepper pieces and other ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover and cook over medium heat for approx 15 minutes.
- Place ingredients in a blender and process until mixture is smooth.
- Serve over steamed rice, green beans or spread on toasted Italian bread.