Pasta in the Pink With Red Pepper Puree
photo by French Tart
- Ready In:
- 4 red bell peppers, charred and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped canned tomatoes in puree
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely shredded fontina
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 lb imported pasta shells (conchiglie rigate)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a boil in a big pot.
- Halve the peppers, remove the seeds, and puree them in a blender; you should have about 1 cup puree.
- In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients except the pasta and butter.
- Parboil the pasta for 4 minutes; drain and add to the ingredients in the bowl; tossing to combine.
- Divide the pasta mixture among 6-8 individual, shallow, ceramic gratin dishes (1 ½ to 2 cups capacity).
- Dot with butter and bake until bubbly and brown on top, about 7-10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A REALLY nice twist for a pasta sauce! I blended my tomatoes and peppers together and then mixed it through freshly boiled ravioli with all the other sauce ingredients, and the flavours were amazing together. I did not bake it, as it was a light and quick supper dish for two, but I will next time. I served the cheese on the side, and we ate this with crusty fresh French bread. Made for Think Pink - Breast Cancer Awareness Month in the TOTM forum. Merci - FT:-)