Recipe by Oolala
From the San Antonio, TX, Junior League cookbook called "Flavors" posted by Mrs. Sallie Riester. It sounds like an easy recipe since it uses canned yams and apricots. The note by the chef stated: To double the recipe you need only 1 1/2 of the sauce to twice the amount of potatoes, apricots and pecans. This is Mrs. Riester's Mom's recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) can yams, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricots, pitted, drain reserving 1/2 cup juice
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer sweet potatoes and apricots in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with pecan halves.
- In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients, including the apricot juice, bring to a boil, and continue to cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce over casserole and bake at 375 degrees F. for 25 minutes.