Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Posted by request. Times are estimates.
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh sage, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Place potatoes in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- Stir in butter, being sure to coat the potatoes well to prevent discoloration.
- Bake potatoes for 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- In a heavy skillet over medium-low heat, melt remaining butter.
- Add sage.
- Pour butter mixture and 1 cup Parmesan cheese over potatoes.
- Stir well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan before serving.
Very good. I have an abundance of fresh sage to try use up
I thought this was a great dish one I will keep in my folder. Thnks :)