Recipe by papergoddess
Excellent holiday dish. Easy, quick, and elegant! For those who don't like marshmallows in their sweet potatoes.
Top Review by Babyoil
Oh papergoddess, this was fabulous! Didn't make many changes except we used fresh yams (I can't find canned ones here). My Australian hubby thought canned sweet potatoes were mashed so he mashed ours. They were still deeeeelicious! Great recipe. Thanx!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (1 lb) can applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup broken walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange sweet potatoes in 9-inch square baking pan or other casserole dish.
- Mix together apple sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, and mace, and spoon over potatoes.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with nut meats.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 35 minutes or until heated through.