Recipe by Mirj
Very easy, low-fat and delicious.
Top Review by Sue Lau
I'm sorry Mirj. This one didn't work out too well. I ended up baking it way longer than called for to get the sweet potatoes where I get get a fork into them, and by that time, the apples had gotten too mushy (and I did use the Cortlands). I did try tasting it, the apples had a flavor of lemon (even with the cider in the pan), and were a bit tart. I tried sprinkling with some cinnamon and nutmeg and drizzling honey over it all, and that did help tone that down some, and bring out some flavor. I think maybe the apples should be cut larger (in wedges) and those sweet potatoes cut thin, and do prepare for some honey or brown sugar on the apples at least. I think maybe that could help this recipe work.
- 3 large cortland apples or 3 large mcintosh apples, skin-on,washed,cored,and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled,and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place apples in a mixing bowl and coat with lemon juice.
- Lightly coat a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Layer potatoes and apples in casserole and pour cider over the whole thing.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in 350°F oven 40 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to bake 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.