Recipe by rickv
Wife got this recipe at work. Makes a quick and easy sidedish at any time. Ithink the Sweet Potatoes and citrus work really well with pork. I often double this.
- 2 cups thinly sliced sweet potatoes (1 large)
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil or steam sweet potatoes and carrots until tender.
- When they are almost done, heat orange juice to boiling in saucepan.
- Add the orange peel and lemon juice.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1 Tbsp water and add to orange mixture.
- Continue to heat, stirring until thickened.
- Remove vegetables from pot and place in serving dish.
- Drizzle orange sauce over them and sprinkle almonds on top.