Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
The original of this recipe was found in The Sweet Potato Lover's Cookbook, 1998, but was changed a bit to suit personal preferences.
- 1 cup sweet potato, shredded
- 5 large eggs
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, then spray a 10-inch glass pie dish with a cooking spray.
- In a microwaveable container, cook the sweet potato in the microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until cooked.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, then add the sweet potato.
- Fold in the green onions, the 2 cheeses, Worcestershire sauce & parsley, before adding the salt & lemon pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish, then sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until done.
Delicious and festive looking. This is a great addition to a brunch buffet. We served with more bacon on the side and pancakes. Thanks, Sydney Mike. Made for Newest Zaar Tag game.