This is a compilation of a couple of different recipes I found on the web. My husband loves sweet potatoes with LOTS of marshmallows and wanted a casserole like one of his aunts used to make. After a few trials, this was the final incarnation. It is now a Thanksgiving staple for both his and my family's dinners.
- Butter 1 quart baking dish.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash yams in a large bowl and add brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, egg, and melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Place 1/2 mixture in baking dish.
- Top with a layer of marshmallows, then add remaining mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining marshmallows.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned.