Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Good way to use up leftover baked/mashed sweet potatoes. I love them with a bit of honey. You could make a more savory version by omitting the sugar and cinnamon and adding a couple of T of minced onion.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml sourdough starter
- 1 small sweet potato (leftover, baked or boiled and somewhat mashed)
- 2.46-4.92 ml cinnamon
- 14.79 ml sugar
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon and milk powder: set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in sourdough starter abd sweetpotato. Stir in flour mixture until just moistened; set aside.
- Pour oil 3 inches deep in a medium skillet. Heat to 375 degrees. At this temperature, a 1 inch cube of bread will turn golden brown in 40 seconds.
- Carefully drop batter by small Tablespoons full into hot oil. Fry 2 to 3 minutes on each side or til golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Serve hot with honey and butter if desired.