Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Warm creamy gnocchi drenched in a decadent coconut milk ice cream sauce will tantalize your tastebuds until you reach a euphoric state!
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 pints premium coconut milk ice cream, melted
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Wondra Flour (plus a little extra to sprinkle on the counter for rolling gnocchis)
- Before starting take out 2 pints of premium vanilla coconut milk ice cream and place on the counter to soften and melt but still remaining cold.
- Place 2 cups of the Mashed sweet potatoes into large bowl. Add the ricotta cheese and pumpkin pie spice and blend until well mixed. Add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time until a soft dough forms. Lightly flour a work surface and place the dough in a ball on the work surface. Divide the dough into 6 equal balls. Roll out each ball into a 1-inch wide snake like rope. Cut each rope into 1-inch pieces. Roll the gnocchi over the spikes of a fork. Transfer the formed gnocchi to a large baking sheet. Finish all gnocchi before boiling them.
- After all gnocchi are finished bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the gnocchi in 3 batches and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain the gnocchi using a slotted spoon onto a baking sheet. Tent with foil to keep warm and continue with the remaining.
- Place about 10 warm gnocchi in a bowl and spoon over the coconut milk ice-cream sabayon. Enjoy the tastes bites of goodness!