Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I took parts of two differnt recipes and came up with this one last Thanksgivinig and it was a hit at our house.
- 2 (1020.58 g) can sweet potatoes
- 453.59 g baking apple (or any apple you like to use)
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- Slice potatoes 1/4 inch thick.
- Slice apples 1/4 inch thick.
- Put lemon juice on apples.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
- Alternate layers of potatoes and apples in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle each layer with sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until browned and apples are tender.
I wanted to try something new for Thanksgiving this year and I'm so glad I tried this recipe. It's delicious. I doubled the recipe and made it in a 13x9 dish and it turned out great. I especially liked that it baked up so quickly after I took the turkey out of the oven. Thanks for the recipe Kim!
I added a pecan praline to the top of this recipe chopped pecans brown sugar and enought buttter to hold ot together and spread it over the top. It was the first dish to disappear at our church thanksgiving pot luck and I have been handing out the recipe ever since!
I made this for Christmas dinner and everyone went back for seconds. Everyone loved it.