Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve on romaine lettuce leaves for a nice light lunch. Cook time is for the sweet potatoes
Make and share this Sweet Potato and Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise, amount to desired moistness
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- romaine lettuce leaf
- Steam or boil the cubed sweet potatoes just until tender; drain and place in the refridgerator to cool completely.
- While sweet potatoes are cooling, mix all other ingredients togther in a large bowl.
- Gently fold in the cooled sweet potatoes.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve on romaine lettuce leaves.
I made this last night and just ate the leftovers over a bed of spinach. It was awesome and extremely healthy? to even go a step further, I substituted Plain Greek Yogurt for the mayo? you?d never know the difference! Thanks!
This was an exceptionally delicious salad. Each bite had its own flavor sensation. The combination of chicken, sweet potato and celery was mind blowing and oh so pleasing. I may have overcooked the sweet potatoes so they melted in your mouth, so much the better. I used left-over roasted chicken. Made for ZWT5.
Hot, hot, hot here and something easy and cool is in order. I really loved this salad and the wonderful combination of textures and flavors. I used fresh tarragon since it is growing rampant at the moment. As an experiment, half my chicken was grilled with a little cajun spice the rest poached with a little broth, garlic and pepper. Pattikay was right, the bit of spice was perfect with the other salad elements. That said, it did not work as well with the tarragon as the poached chicken. I did a half batch and got 2 1/2 servings. Stetched the left overs with some red peppers and left over fresh steam green beans, both of which worked well. Thanks!