Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in the Tyler Newspaper and thought with Fall around the corner this would be something I would like to try as we love peanuts in our house.
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 6 tablespoons low-fat caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Stir together peanuts, caramel sauce and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl.
- Stir together butter, honey and remaining cinnamon in small bowl.
- Lay 1 sheet phyllo on a board (keep remaining dough covered with damp cloth). Spray phyllo with cooking spray and fold in half. Repeat steps for remaining phyllo.
- Brush phyllo very lightly with butter mixture, then spoon 2 tablespoons peanut mixture along one long edge of dough, leaving about 1/2 inch empty on both sides.
- Fold in 2 sides, then roll up tightly and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining phyllo and butter and peanut mixture. Brush rolls on all sides with any remaining butter mixture. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with additional warmed caramel sauce for dipping, if desired.