Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from "Eating Well" magazine, February/March, 2006.
- 3 1⁄3 cups frozen peas (1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- black pepper, to taste
- Heat peas, water, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until the peas are heated all the way through, about 6 to 10 minutes.
- Place mixture in a food processor; pulse with sour cream and pepper until a chunky puree forms.
- Pulse in green onions and bacon.
- Garnish with a few pieces of crumbled bacon.