Traveling in ZWT, we find ourselves looking for exotic recipes but yet recipes we can make at home and will be eaten. This is the perfect recipe for a dessert for yourself, family, or special company. Simple to put together, minimal time frame, and it looks divine. Enjoy the sweetenss of oranges and cocoanut with a bit of a kick in the center. Adults preferred but sub in OJ if making for children Adopted from the Univ of Penn African recipe collection
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend all together.
- 2Divide 1 cup MOIST SHREDDED COCONUT into 8 dessert sauce dishes (2 Tbs. or 1 oz. each).
- 3Make a hole in the center of the coconut so that it forms a rim.
- 4Fill centers with ORANGES CONGO, dividing above mixture evenly.
- 5Add more brandy or orange juice if the mixture is not moist enough.
- 7Set in the reridgerator to cool but this is not neccessary. Needed time for "cooking" in the recipe format here.
- 8OPTIONAL:If you need a dessert in a hurry, prepare this dessert with canned mandarin oranges.
- 9OPTIONAL: Another variation is to stuff baked apples with the above mixture when they are about half done.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Oranges Congo
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.3
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: