Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Traveling in ZWT, we find ourselves looking for exotic recipes but yet recipes we can make at home and will be eaten. This is the perfect recipe for a dessert for yourself, family, or special company. Simple to put together, minimal time frame, and it looks divine. Enjoy the sweetenss of oranges and cocoanut with a bit of a kick in the center. Adults preferred but sub in OJ if making for children Adopted from the Univ of Penn African recipe collection
- Blend all together.
- Divide 1 cup MOIST SHREDDED COCONUT into 8 dessert sauce dishes (2 Tbs. or 1 oz. each).
- Make a hole in the center of the coconut so that it forms a rim.
- Fill centers with ORANGES CONGO, dividing above mixture evenly.
- Add more brandy or orange juice if the mixture is not moist enough.
- Set in the reridgerator to cool but this is not neccessary. Needed time for "cooking" in the recipe format here.
- OPTIONAL:If you need a dessert in a hurry, prepare this dessert with canned mandarin oranges.
- OPTIONAL: Another variation is to stuff baked apples with the above mixture when they are about half done.