Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Bacon wrapped, sweet but spicy, bite-sized chicken. So easy and a perfect finger food or main course.
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) package bacon (turkey for healthy ones)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut bacon into 1 to 1-1/2 inch pieces.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each chicken piece. Use toothpicks if necessary.
- Combine the brown sugar and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Roll each piece of chicken and bacon in the brown sugar/cayenne mixture.
- Place on a cookie sheet keeping the pieces from touching.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
De-Lish! So yummy! I've had these saved to try for too long now! And try we did! I made these as part of 'Appy Night' and were not disappointed! I used a nice sized chicken breast and 3 slices of applewood bacon, as it is what I had on hand. The sweet/spicy combo is one we are fond of, so I figured this would be a fave! Thanks for sharing, wittlebit83!
This was really good. I used chicken tenders so I could serve it as a main course. I also added some garlic powder to the rub.
Even though this was meant to be an appetizer, I served this with steamed rice and everyone enjoyed it immensely. So fast and simple to make, this is going to be made often at our house. Thank you so much for posting.