Recipe by Lainey39
This recipe calls for McCormick Far East Sesame Ginger Blend seasoning. If you don't have this, you can use a pinch each of garlic powder, red pepper flakes and ground ginger. Recipe is from Woman's World.
- 4 boneless center cut pork chops (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ginger sesame blend, McCormick Far East Sesame Ginger Blend
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 scallions, diagonally cut into 1-inch long pieces
- fresh pineapple slice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pork chops with seasoning blend.
- In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chops; cook, turning once, until browned, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, reserve 2 T juice from pineapple chunks.
- In bowl, mix pineapple chunks with remaining juice, vinegar, soy sauce and sugar; add to pork and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover; simmer until chops are no longer pink in centers, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove chops to platter.
- Stir cornstarch into reserved pineapple juice; stir into skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook, stirring, until thickened, 1 minute.
- Add scallions, heat through.
- Pour sauce over chops.
- If desired, garnish with fresh pineapple.